Core Rust Developer
POA products are for people who want to create cheap, fast and scalable platforms for Ethereum-compatible smart contracts. We are focusing on bringing the best developer experience for blockchain professionals. We promise that engaging with POA will help you create a first-class application on the platform.
About the position:
We strive to develop the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in fintech, and Rust is at the very heart of our technology stack.
Open Source is critical to our work and its a two-way street. It only works if a critical mass of users is contributing back. Most of our work is open source and it also helps us elevating our team members' open source involvement profiles.
As a part of this job, you will be maintaining and creating blockchain software. This includes dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications. It's definitely challenging but it's also equally rewarding.
- Good grasp of distributed computing basics will be instrumental for this job. You should be proficient in Rust and have a good understanding of its fundamentals and tradeoffs.
- As we are operating in the fintech space, communication is critical to our success. You should be able to explain your code, designs and problems clearly and be able to write technical prose.
- Understanding of open source etiquette is going to be highly useful.
- Familiarity with Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies would be a significant advantage for your ability to start contributing from the get go.
- Understanding of basic concepts in cryptography and its mathematical foundations.
- Remote work with potential relocation to Europe
- Compensation in crypto or fiat
- Coworking membership in your location